Thursday, June 29, 2006

Grrr! Arrrg!

There is a very good reason why I haven't been updating recently, mainly, I am angry and verbally constipated.
My nephew (on Mr. Hobbitfeet's side) is going off to Iraq in the not too distant future. He's in the air force and he volunteered to go. But as upset as I am about this, I am not allowed to say anything to him.
Unlike my family, Mr. H.'s family follows a strict policy of butting out, no matter what. It drives me crazy. In my family everyone is in everybody's business, and when someone is going to do something idiotic, everyone hears about it. But not in this case, I am expected to just sit there quietly and let "Billy" go be a hero. It's a lot of crap, and has me tense and because there is so much I want to say about it, but can't, I am unable to think about anything else. Hence the verbal constipation.
We'll see if I am able to remain silence, or if the Welch in me will break free while he's visiting us.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm with you all the way.