Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend Update...

We have had a very quiet weekend. Yesterday Mr. Hobbitfeet worked so the kids and I played until it was time for Boy to go to his swimming lessons and Girl to go to tumbling. It's nice that we finally got there schedules coordinated so that they have to relatively be in the same place at the same time.
We drop Boy off at the Y and then go the 4 or 5 blocks to the gymnastics place. Then Mr. H. picks Boy up and meets us at the gym. It's much easier on days he doesn't work, but not all that difficult when he does.
After tumbling ended we went to the mall and Mr. H. and the kids finally got their hair cut. I had mine cut already but Mr. H. was growing a natural mullet and regular swimming has made Boy's hair a rat's nest. No matter how often we wash/condition it, comb/brush or whatever, it still looks tangly and nasty (must be something he got from his dad, my hair is glorious). It is also very difficult to find special swimming shampoos in Central Illinois in November.
Girl also needed a cut. She doesn't let me put it up very often and it was too long to leave down. She has kind of a page boy now it's very cute. Boy, being ever obstinate refuses any kind of style opting for the weird bangs that my sister Meander always picks on; asking "Did you try and save money by cutting his hair yourself?"
The answer is no. No matter what I do he insists on having bangs. That's weird right? I could always threaten him with a shave head, but would that really be any better? The stylist left him sideburns this time which help a little, but not much.
Mr. Hobbitfeet got the same haircut as always that will result in the natural mullet we were talking about when it grows out. But he's unimaginative where his hair is concerned, and the one time I tried to get the lady to give him Bobby Kennedy hair, she didn't know what I was talking about. I don't know if that will work on him, but I'd like to find out.




(See here for pre-haircut hair)

As you can tell they didn't want their pictures taken. We spent our Sunday morning raking leaves in the cold. Then we all came in for real hot chocolate and whip cream. Now we can bum around until I have to get ready for the dedication at work. I can't think of anything I want to do less than going to work on a Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the haircuts!

(I cut Haileys myself this weekend...don't tell my husband.)