Tuesday, December 26, 2006

All Done!

Well Christmas is over, and despite the mess in our house, it was a great one. Between Boy's overexcitement keeping him up until well past midnight on the 23rd, Santa, and Girl getting sick, throwing up, and being up shivering (even though she was under 4 thick blankets) with a fever all Christmas night, I didn't get a lick of sleep, but it was worth it. Even if Santa forgot a part of both Boy and Girl's present and left them at our house instead. I even got to see it, since Boy ran in my room at 7 a.m., poke me in the back and screamed "MOM WAKE UP IT'S 7! PRESENT TIME!!!" He had been awake since 6, but like a good little boy, followed my rules and played his video game until his wristwatch alarm went off at 7. The lack of sleep made me turn on the video mode on my camera rather than the picture mode and I caught this short gem of Boy seeing his Santa gifts for the first time:





This to me is what gift giving is about, the sheer joy that people can experience. Most of the things Boy asked for were bought for him by other people. He only asked for one thing from Santa and it was a little thing. So it was all guess work. But Boy says when this little clip was taken, he was thinking, "These are the best presents ever!" Awesome!
Santa also gave Girl the wrong size purple helmet. But to be fair it's really hard to fit a helmet to a head without the head there. Here she is with her too small helmet.
But she had lots of fun with the same dollhouse my sisters, cousins, and I used to play with at Grandma's house every year at Christmas.

2 comments:

Gary Wood said...

Our son is 10 and past Santa Clause age. Christmas Eve was kind of boring after we got back from a candle light service at church. Enjoy them while you can.

Woodlandmama said...

Believe me I do enjoy it. That’s why I have my rules, that way I get to see those crazy looks of unadulterated joy. Every time Iain said it was the best Christmas ever, I got pretty choked up.