Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ahhhh! That's How I Spell Relief.

After many torturous weeks, I have finally completed my freelance project. Yippie! I think maybe I am not cut out for freelance work. This project took everything I had out of me, smashed my brain against the wall several times, and had me on the verge of sleep-deprived tears for at least the final two weeks of the project.
Last night was the worst of it. After being a week behind schedule, due to a multitude of changes from the people who hired me, I was faced with a deadline of this morning at around ten, or the convention book wouldn't be printed until after the actual convention. So I did something I hadn't done since college, I pulled and all nighter, and, unlike in college, this wasn't a fun, I've-been-drinking-all-night kind of all-nighter, but a sucky work kind.
There were several moments where I had to type and re-type the same thing because I was falling asleep. Then there were many last minute fixes that always come up for these things. Bottom line, by the time I had incorporated the last minute changes from the client, and pulled everything together for the printer, it was 12 noon on the 14th, and I hadn't been asleep since I had gotten up at 6 a.m. on the 13th.
Then because my body was still running on the adrenaline from my second wind, I wasn't able to fall asleep until 2 p.m. Now it's after midnight and I am still awake because I slept for too long this afternoon.
Ah well. This week I intend on working on remembering what my family looks like. That and the mountain of laundry that formed in my house while I was on freelance planet.

No comments: