Monday, April 9, 2007

Fun Monday

Today's Fun Monday comes from Amy W. who says:
find something in your closet you are keeping for some ungodly reason take a picture of it and tell us why you are keeping it and how it got that way.

The first is going to make my sister, Meander, mad. It is my bridesmaid dress from her wedding that has been in a blue grocery bag since the day after her wedding (June 26, 2004). The thought was that I would take it to the dry cleaners, and then decide what I was going to do with it. My thoughts were to make it into something else as I only wear pink when my sister gets married and picks pink as her color. I actually felt like a big pink sausage in the dress. But despite moving twice, and going to the dry cleaners many times, it has remained in its blue grocery bag.

The second is the tulle from my wedding veil. My dress and the tiara part of my veil were boxed up and preserved. Why am I keeping the tulle, why? I don't know. I am not sure why it needs to be in my closet.

The final item is this ugly dress. It is sheer and purple with a see-through top over it. I didn't like it when I bought it, but I was told I looked cute in it, and I'm horrible at picking dress clothes.
I am sorry but I can't really tell you why these items have stayed even when I've weeded out so many other clothes.

7 comments:

ChrisB said...

Pink sausage good description, purple see through oh no and are those flowers on the bottom, it's not the prettiest of dresses but the colour's not bad.

Beccy said...

I'm laughing at mum there (chrisb) you should see the pink dress with flowers all over that she refused to post today!

I quite like the pink and can understand wny you kept the tulle but that purple thing needs to be consigned to the bin...now..go on...you can do it...we're cheering you on...

Molly said...

Many bridemaids dresses are ugly. I made one once that was too big, was wrinkled before the I do's, had a matching bow that made me look like Minnie Mouse. My husband, an usher, wore a rented tux with highwater pants and a popped zipper. We were a pair as he looked liked Mickey Mouse. The purple thing is a lovely color but does look a little dated. Give it away...now.

Meander said...

To be fair, I dictated the color. You could have picked any dress.

Meander said...

Here's a link to a Barbie poodle skirt. You can use the bridesmaid dress and tulle to make it.

http://www.barbiegiftshop.com/g/gf-50.jpg

Robin said...

Interesting array. And agreed, I don't know how some things still live with me while others got tossed.

Fun Mondays really do give us a glimpse of each other that our friends in real life don't begin to know, huh?

Woodlandmama said...

Yes, the purple dress is going to go (though I just stuck it back in the closet after I took the picture). Meander, I wasn't criticizing you or your dresses, I am embarrassed by it because it hasn't ever been cleaned. Though I will point out that I had to pick from a line of dresses, not just a color swatch.