Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Not Going To Blogher!

Although my two sister's and I had planned otherwise, and even though it is in our hometown, we won't be going to Blogher this weekend. Instead we will be whooping it up for my Dad's 60th birthday.

But, for all my blogging mommy friends there are a few things I'd recommend:


1) If you like architecture, try and get on the Loop Tour Train which is a free 40 min. tour on the "El" but it's only on Saturday and only at 10 and 10:40 a.m. You get tickets on a first come first serve basis in the Chicago Cultural Center (77 E. Randolph or rather Randolph and Michigan Ave) Visitor Information Center so you've got to get there early.


2) If you're not to drunk by the time the sun goes down, walk over to Millennium Park (Michigan and Washington) and check out what I call the Crazy Face Fountain (because I don't know the real name). It'll make you wish you had your kids with you. Here's a preview:





3) The Hancock building has a better view than the Sears Tower. But you don't have to go to the Hancock Observatory, rather head to the Signature Room Lounge (which is actually higher than the Observatory and woo hoo! you can get drinks!

No comments: