Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Polar Opposites




When I was a little girl I was daring and brave. There were very few things that I wasn't willing to try, no fear of injury. In fact, my mother has often said she became a nurse in self-defense. So she would know that when I did harm to myself, she could help.


By the time that I was Boy's age I had:


1.) Got a stone stuck up my nose
2.) Swallowed an entire bottle of baby aspirin
3.) Severely punctured my chin requiring ten stitches
4.) Sprained my wrist
5.) Broke my foot



Boy on the other hand is a meek child. He never sticks his neck out. He is so afraid of injury, he misses out on a lot of fun things like bike riding and sledding. Yesterday for the first time he actually fell down and banged his elbow while riding a pogo stick. I came home to find him sitting on the couch with a huge ice pack on his elbow, acting as though he'd broken his arm. He didn't think he'd be able to go to Taekwondo. After checking that it was okay, I gave him an ibuprofen and sent him to class. Needless to say, he was very mad at me. But after Taekwondo he came home and told me it didn't hurt and I was right. What do think the odds of getting him back on a pogo stick are?

No comments: