Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lazy and Dizzy

So boys and girls, what do you get when you can't completely kick a cold for a month? That's right an inner ear infection. It's been so long since I've had an ear infection that I had no memory of what they feel like, but when I stood up on Sunday and got so dizzy I fell down I knew I had to see a doctor. Dizzy is no good unless you've spun around real fast for like a minute or rolled down a real big hill. Those dizzies are good. Stand up and fall down for no good reason dizzies are not good, in fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they suck.
Anyhow, I never got a new doctor after I stopped working at the hospital, so I had to drive all the way to bufu just to get my damn antibiotics.
Then today Mr. Hobbitfeet had to go to Chicago for work. This involved waking up at 3 am. The problem with this is that, even though we've had the same clock for four years, Mr. H. can not work it. Normally this is no problem because he wakes up at 5 am no matter what. At 3 am I woke to him swearing at the clock and trying to turn it off. He had no luck so I was awake for the rest of the day. Then he took my cell phone just in case (I've been trying to get him to get his own, but he refuses saying he can just use mine). So what happens? My phone/Internet go out and I am cut off from the world (and more importantly the kids' schools in case of emergency). I can't even call my provider to tell them it's out. So I have to trudge up to Walmart (the nearest pay phone) and sit on hold for a half hour just to have them tell me the whole area is out and they're not sure when they'll fix it.
On my way home, I passed the Verizon store and stopped in. I got Mr. H. his very own phone and set up his phone book for him. Heck, I even bought him a fun ring tone. Of course with all the bad weather he wasn't home until a quarter to nine. Needless to say both of us were cranky and out of sorts.
I have lots of cool pictures sitting on my camera, and I promise someday I'll post them. Really I will. I just need the world to stop spinning when I lay on my back and when I stand up or turn my head really fast. I promise I will.

No comments: