Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Return to My Hermatige...

After spending a great deal of time in Chicago recently, I was very happy to return to my sanctuary in the woods. There is nothing like spending several days in a Loop hotel room during the course of two weeks to make one (at least this one) appreciate the wonder and beauty of nature, especially the frog/cicada symphony that soothes me to sleep each night. Also, I forgot how damn bright Chicago is at night. It's like sleeping with your lights on. I couldn't sleep unless I had those really thick hotel curtains closed. People, it's called night because it is supposed to be dark. In my woodland home you’re lucky to see three feet in front of you at night. A fact which caused one of our city friends to declare our street "really freaky." Don't get me wrong, I love Chicago. It was fun taking Girl to the Zoo. It was even more fun the next week to be there by myself, even if I missed my kids when I was at the Crown Fountain in Millennium Park. And a big sorry to my friends that I was supposed to see and didn't, I really wanted to, the seminar crap took longer than expected. And a big thanks to my mom for taking me to Greek Town. The food was yummy; you just can't get stuff like that here. In fact, I think I ate too much Saganaki.

No comments: