Saturday, November 25, 2006

I am not Meander, but...

for once I thought I'd tell you about a movie I saw. Because, with my kids with my mom at the IHSA Class 7a State Championship game (Way to go St. Rita! You Rock Peter!), I actually got to go to a movie!

Mr. Hobbitfeet and I went to see Stranger Than Fiction, and I've got to say that I really enjoyed it. I had heard a lot of good things about it and I have to say that they were all true. I think that Will Farrell was amazing and did well even though he wasn't being his typical goofy self. And I really liked the story.

Mr. H. said "You don't get a lot of comedians who can do the Dick Van Dyke thing, where they're good at both the physical comedy as well as the, well, other kind of comedy, but Will Farrell was close to that genius in this movie." Which, though it may not sound it, is high praise from him. He also liked the way the reaction shots were filmed. Mr. H. really likes reaction shots and cares a great deal how they come out. He likes to look for ones that stay long enough to make you slightly uncomfortable, which apparently happened enough in this movie to make him happy.

So, although I may not write like the best movie critic ever, I highly recommend Stranger Than Fiction

No comments: