Monday, January 8, 2007

Turkey Update

I did make the turkey, and it was fabulous. I ran into problems when I couldn't find the dried bread cubes I knew I had picked up at the store and ended up using a full loaf of bread. Causing Mr. Hobbitfeet to say "Did you and Girl eat a whole loaf of bread today?" I said "Think about what you had for dinner (did you ever know that I am a bitch?)"
It turns out he had put the dried bread crumbs in a drawer that used to be designated as one of the many junk drawers, and is now apparently where we keep things for baking, like sprinkles, coconut, and nuts. All things that only I would use, you'd think I'd get a say in it. At least I would.
Now I can stop feeling pressure to be the good wife that makes my husband turkey on a whim.
Now, If he ever brings a leg of lamb home I'm going to take a page out of Roald Dahl's book.

No comments: