Friday, February 2, 2007

Books, Books, and Television

I haven't read a whole lot lately, but I did make a point of reading Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini because Boy says they are the best books he has ever read. He has read them both twice (each one is about the same length as Harry Potter book six) since he took Eragon out of his school library in November. Santa gave him his very own copies.
I don't think that the are the best books I have ever read, but I have read far more than Boy. They are kind of a kid's Lord of the Rings. We haven't seen the movie yet, but we will eventually.

TV has become difficult lately, mostly due to the fact that the local ABC affiliate isn't letting my cable provider carry it anymore. I do still get to watch the episodes of things I miss though because ABC has the full episodes online the next day. Nevertheless I still (mostly) only have one show that I watch per day. Here's my list an asterix means Mr. Hobbitfeet watches the show with me, because shows that Mr. H. will watch with me are the ones that make me happiest.

Sunday- Desperate Housewives (only I watch this on Mondays when Girl takes her nap-see above Re: ABC)
Monday- Heroes* ( Also, if I remember I watch How I Met Your Mother but I almost always forget)
Tuesday-Veronica Mars
Wednesday- Medium* & Lost* (Lost has been off for awhile, but when it comes back I'll watch it on Saturdays so Mr. H. can see it too.)
Thursday- The Office & Grey's Anatomy (which I watch Fridays while Girl is napping).

I have also been attempting to only watch these shows and nothing else, but I often find myself watching something insipid while I do laundry.

No comments: