Thursday, July 5, 2007

One Smug-ass Beeyoch!

I have been driving my husband and kids crazy lately with my emotional highs and lows. So much so that my husband was telling me maybe I needed a little chemical help.

She goes running for the shelter
of her Mother's Little Helper!

I personally felt that what I needed was a good kick in the seat of the pants. I am very much in awe of the people in this world that knew what they want to do with their lives and went out and actually did it. I think I am the kind of person that has always bounced around letting my life happen to me rather than me making my life happen. I felt jealous of people that were living like grown-ups.
The truth is, I don't feel grown up. The husband, the house, the kids, none of that drives away my feeling of being 12 years old. Mr. Hobbitfeet seems to think that it's because I remember things too well. I am inclined to agree with that. My crystal clear memory of everything that has happened in my life makes everything seem like it only happened a day or two ago.
But all of this is rambling. I've finally taken charge of myself and made the things I wanted to happen actually happen. These things, though still remaining secret (ha-ha no peeking!) will be coming to fruition sometime in August. Although I am wriggling all over like a 5 year old two days before Christmas, I know that by a month or so from now I'll be dancing a jig.

But whether or not everything works out for the best, I know I'll be the happiest 12 year-old on the block.

No comments: