Monday, July 9, 2007

Um . . . Who are you?

Girl has been taking swim lessons for a while now. Every time we get a progress report it says the same thing "Girl is doing very well, blah, blah, blah, will not progress until she can put her face in the water."
Whenever we go to the pool, she'll only go down the slide with Mr. Hobbitfeet because he's tall enough to keep her out of the water. As recently as Saturday she went down the slide once with my sister, La Sirena and once with my brother-in-law and refused to go down with them again because she got dunked. She'll never take a shower, or go under the spray toys because she didn't want to get her hair wet.

This was true until yesterday at the pool. We were swimming in the big pool and I made her go under with me. When we came up she was so angry that I put her under that she wouldn't come near us. Then Mr. H. took her to the splash pool and I went to the slide and diving boards with Boy. When Boy and I met up with them at the splash pool a mere 15 minutes later, Girl was a whole new girl. She was diving under the water, rolling around in the pool, getting her face and hair completely wet. Then an even bigger surprise, she willingly ran under the big water spouting mushrooms. She even played ring-around-the-rosie with us in the big pool and went under at the end.
Then, she kept trying to swim underwater (but her swim belt wouldn't allow it). Finally right before we left she went down the big slide with me twice and laughed when we fell in the water at the end.
I am not sure what Mr. H. did with Girl while we were gone, but I think maybe he took her to Stepford and picked up a new version. Either way, I had fun.

No comments: