Friday, August 3, 2007

Countdown to June Cleaver!

So the countdown to my final day is getting smaller by the minute. Today was the day I gave as my “official last day” when I resigned, but my boss begged bullied convinced me to stay longer. Her hope was the 24th, but my official last day (except for the once a week I’ve agreed to come in a train my replacement) is the 14th. This way I don’t have to sign Boy up for daycare at all.
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be at home, even more so because Girl will be at preschool. Is it crazy that I can’t wait to spend my day cleaning and organizing my house? Because I am really . . . I don’t know . . . pumped (for lack of a better word) about it. What does that say about a girl who was breast-fed feminism? Sorry to disappoint you mom, but I am really looking forward to being a housewife.
Now, don’t let my excitement fool you, I am not as un-self-aware as I am coming across right now; I know that I was crabby, stressed, and bitter the last time I was a stay-at-home mom, but Girl was a crazy-difficult baby, and I was so freaking lonely for adult companionship. So what is different now? Well for one thing, Girl is going to be at school from 8:30-3, so I can get stuff done. Also, I have decided to stave off boredom by volunteering for EVERYTHING.
Seriously, I joined the Joint PTA, volunteered to work at Boy’s school library, and to help out with Girl’s soccer. I pretty much signed every volunteer sheet that came my way. I am also considering volunteering at the town library. This is all part of my bid to figure out what it is I want to be when I grow up. Mr. H. says I need to get that sorted and as I am 30, I guess I agree.
I do know that whatever it is I'll want to do does not involve PR/Marketing. I am hoping to enjoy working in a library. I enjoy being in libraries at any rate; they feel so homey and cozy (even the big ones) and the smell is fantastic (if I were to brew up my own Amortentia it would smell like libraries, Mr. H., and rain). That’s why I am volunteering in them (since at the moment none of them are hiring). I think it would be nice to get my M.L.I.S but before I spend a lot of time and money, I need to see if it’s as good as I imagine it.
For now though I am savoring the idea that I only have 57 working hours left!

No comments: