Friday, November 9, 2007

Dreams

I am not very sure how other people dream, but my dreams are often very vivid. I also have a tendency to half-wake up and for a minute or two am not sure if I am awake or asleep and still expect dream rules to apply.
This state often leads to me doing wacky things, or more precisely things that Mr. Hobbitfeet teases me about. Sometimes it's saying weird things, sometimes it's running out of my room, sometimes I jump out of bed and turn on all the lights (that one doesn't make Mr. H. laugh so much as blind him). I've never done anything dangerous so I haven't seen a doctor about it, and if it happens too many nights in a row, I just take a Tylenol PM and the one night of drugged sleep puts an end to it for awhile.
I had a "wacky" instance earlier this week when I stayed up late watching the 1st season of Battlestar Galactica (the new one, not the one from the 70's). After I'd been asleep for an hour, Girl came into my room and woke me up, and as I was walking her back to her bed, I half expected her to already be in her bed in some weird kind of cylon way that you won't get unless you've seen the show. But then I realized what a stupid thought that was which woke me up all the way, and I got Girl into bed and headed back to my room.
Last night I had a very vivid and detailed dream that was too crazy and involved to go into but was all post-apocalypticy and involved Jim Halpert, a boy I had a crush on in eighth grade, a guy that worked with Mr. Hobbitfeet and I at the Chicago Visitor Center, my Grandma, and a girl that looked like Parminder Nagra but was actually supposed to be my roommate from my freshman year of college. It was so real and busy that I actually felt worn out when I woke up like I had spent the whole night actually existing in that world instead of resting in my bed.
Also Girl climbed in bed with us at some point and half woke me up several times during the night, and I incorporated that into my dream where I had to spend most of the dream with my hand touching Girl to keep her safe (like on TV when you have to keep your hand on a car to win it) and I was actually holding onto her ankle in real life all night and woke up with my hand all crampy because of that.
I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have admitted any of that.

No comments: