Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Killing Time

My sister, La Sirena, tagged me for a 5 favorite songs meme. So I'm supposed to tell you my favorite songs. Only my favorites change all the time, so I'll tell you my favorite right now.

1.) Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side by the Magnetic Fields- This is Mr. Hobbitfeet and my song (not our first dance song though because it's not an easy song to dance to).



2.) Pony Boy (an old folk song)- My great-grandpa taught me this song and I sang it once or twice to Girl, now she belts it out all the time and it makes me smile.

3.) Baby I Love You- by The Yayhoos- This song is often running through my head. Most often when I try to take a shower or go to the bathroom and everybody comes bursting in needing things from me. Why can't they wait 5 minutes? Baby, I love you just leave me the fuck alone!

4.) Liza Loves Me- by We're Not Bob. Nothing can make you feel better than someone thinking you're perfect even if it's not true. When I was 17 I dated a boy whose band later went on to release two cds. Most of the other songs about me were very uncomplimentary, but this first one that he wrote while we were dating was lovely, and makes me feel good when I'm sad.

5.) This last one is a bit of a cheat. My last one is any song that I can sing along to. If I can be really silly at the same time, all the better.

And finally I will break the rules again because I refuse to tag anyone else. Participate if you want or don't.

No comments: