Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Randomness

I've been a busy girl lately, working from home, attempting to organize my life and enjoying the beautiful weather.
I am not doing as well as I would like on the organizing, but my bed and Girl's bed have been made every morning for a week and a half, which is an accomplishment for me. I don't bother making Boy make his bed as it isn't visible, but maybe I should. We'll see.
Today while I worked in Girl's school library, I could hear the guest P.E. teacher running the grades through a "special" gym class where they practiced for the President's Physical Fitness test and then played a game.
The game the older kids played was a modified dodge ball where there were areas that the kids couldn't throw the ball at other kids and in the end despite there actually being a team that won, the teacher claimed that "no one won or lost because we're not about that."
This idea pisses me off. There were generations after generations of kids who played games with a winner or a loser. If we never let anybody win, they won't learn to put forward their best efforts. The fact of the matter is as adults, they will have to compete, so why not teach them how to do it as children?

No comments: