Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Post About My Pets (Sorry)!

My daughter has never been a good sleeper. Her first night, a nurse came in at 3 a.m. and told me I had to wake her up and feed her, and she hasn't slept through the night since.
We recently got a kitten, and though my husband says I'm nuts, I think my dog is really jealous. At any rate I decided we shouldn't put the baby gate up at night any more. The dog is long past his chewing phase and I didn't think it's fair that the cat had free reign in the house and the dog didn't.
That being said, I won't let him sleep in my bed. So he's taken to sleeping with Girl, and guess what? When he sleeps with her, she sleeps through the night.

Yay!

Had I known about this, Mr. Giles would have been sleeping with Girl since we got him.

Even so, tonight he tried to sleep in my room. I picked him up and stuck him in my daughter's bed. If I have my way, he'll sleep there forever. Once you remember how nice it is not have to wake up three times a night and put your four-year-old back in bed, you can't go back.

No comments: