Saturday, August 2, 2008

There Goes that Wacky History Repeating Itself

When I was in fifth grade, I did a cartwheel in the house and ended up kicking a shutter. I told my mom about it and she was convinced I just jammed my toe. A day or two later, when I still couldn't really walk on it, she took me to the hospital where we found out that I broke my secondary metatarsal (which is in the foot below the toes).
Girl has just learned to do cartwheels (sort of) I keep warning her not to do cartwheels in the house and tell her about breaking my foot. This morning while I was cleaning and getting ready for our guests, Girl did a cartwheel and ended up kicking the bottom of the couch. Now she's limping around not putting any weight on it. She even woke up earlier and cried until I wrapped it in an Ace bandage.
I told her if it wasn't better by Monday, we'll go see the doctor.

The only thing that keeps running through my head is a slightly modified line from the Brady Bunch, "Mom always said, 'Don't do cartwheels in the house!'"

No comments: