Monday, January 30, 2006

The Next Partridge Family


Once again my family sunk to new lows of geekdom by having another family karaoke night. This time we were at my mom’s farm and my mother, sisters, and nephew all participated in addition to Mr. Hobbitfeet, the kids and me. I think that the "Overall Entertainer of the Night" award goes to my nephew, Big D, in his 13-year-old boy rendition of Pieces of Me by Ashley Simpson. So far, Boy’s Christmas present has been a huge hit, well almost. My almost-stepfather hated the whole thing and hid in the garage until the karaoke machine was stashed away. I guess he just doesn’t appreciate a good song.

In other news, my family and I are going back and forth on whether or not we should get a dog. Both Mr. Hobbitfeet and I prefer cats, but thanks to his biological father, Boy is highly allergic to them. So we wanted a smallish dog. The nearby shelter had lab/beagle puppies but all of them are potentially adopted. The other dog we picked out, though one of the smaller ones there, is still a little large for the kids, and so they were pretty scared of her. For the moment, I think we’re passing on the dog, but who know what we’ll do in the future.

No comments: