Friday, February 9, 2007

"And I'm a Genius, Genius..."

Last night, when I was driving home from work, my car wouldn't go above 45 mph without vibrating like a mo-fo. I about cried. Have you ever tried driving less than 45 in a 55 and trying to get someplace 30 miles away? It sucks. I made sure I didn't have a flat. No dash-lights were on, the rpm was normal.
Half-way home I stopped at a gas station and looked under the hood. All seemed good except there was a whole bunch of corrosion on the battery cables. I called Mr. H., who knows less than I do about cars. He in turn called Pelmo, who had me clean the battery with baking soda. No luck.
This morning I took it to my mechanic.
The problem...


Too much snow in my wheels. It will cost me $15

5 comments:

La Sirena said...

That was a reasonably inexpensive lesson. Kinda funny.

I've had about 20 beaters in my life. Vibrating in the steering wheel pretty much equals check your tires first.

Nice English, ain't it?

Woodlandmama said...

It wasn't just the steering wheel, it was the ENTIRE Car. Plus I did check the tires because at first I thought I had a flat. I saw nothing unusual. Normally I see snow build up and knock it off. I just didn't see it.

Meander said...

Claude Hooper Bukowski thinks that it's groovey to hide in a movie pretend he's Fellini and Antonioni and also his countryman Roman Polanski all rolled into one.

Woodlandmama said...

One Claude Hooper Bukowski

La Sirena said...

Now that I've dropped out
Why is life dreary dreary
Answer my weary query
Timothy Leary dearie

(I love "Hair". BTW, tho you both probably remember... Treat Williams sang that song in the movie.)