Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ice, Ice, Baby!

Schools are closed and the kids and I are spending the day warm and cozy inside. Why? Because Mother Nature, in her infinite wisdom felt my town needed more than an inch of ice dropped on it.

About 10 miles north of us, they're getting lots and lots of snow, but we are just getting a horrible mixture of sleet, snow, and freezing rain that lands on the ground and instantly turns everything it touches into a potential ice skating rink.

In addition to all this fun, we have high winds. Perhaps if I had a boat made for ice sailing I would have been able to get to work. I decided to just stay home rather than brave the 30 miles only to be told, as the storm picked up, to go home before it gets too bad. At least this way I'll get my Friday housework done today so that we can still make it to Chicago for the weekend.

Here is a view of our ice forest:



No comments: