Thursday, May 10, 2007

Age Old Dilemma

So today was the first day that I actually felt like I was working full-time. I've been "officially" full-time all week, but today was my fourth work day in the week, when I used to only work three. So all the way to work, I worried that my kids will suffer because I am at work all week. Am I choosing a career over my family? Wouldn't it be much nicer to spend the summer swimming and going to the park with Girl? How am I ever going to get anything done at home when I am at work all week? Who's going to take Boy to get his allergy shots? Ahh, What the hell am I doing?
I feel like I've doomed myself to a summer of thermostat fights (my office is super hot because my boss sits next to the vents and gets cold, so she shuts off the air) and web and graphic design issues when I just want to play with my kids. Boy's 10, I don't have much time left with him.

I am sorry for the crazy rant, I'm just probably losing my mind.

No comments: