Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why Visiting Chicago Is . . . .

. . . . awesome- we see our loved ones and maybe get some of the yummy food we miss.

. . . . sucks-we run our asses off, don't eat right, and I only sleep well in my own bed, so by the end of the trip I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Plus the traffic is crazy bad, and I get awfully lonely for trees.

Mr. Hobbitfeet says that some day we'll move back to Chicago, but the lack of trees and over-abundance of cement freaks me out. Plus, Thursday I was laying in my hammock enjoying the nice weather, and a bald eagle flew right over me. A BALD EAGLE!!! It was so cool, I admit I cried a bit, just like one tear. Shut up! Have you ever seen a bald eagle in the wild? Just flying by, dummty-dum like it's a sparrow or other really common bird?

The answer is no. While they have made a comeback they're still crazy rare, and I got to see one in my back yard! How can you leave that?

No comments: