Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Night At The Movies

Tonight the kids and I went to the movies to see Prince Caspian. We left daddy at home, which he said was awesome because he had 3 hours of blissful silence. Yes that was three hours because they listed the start time as 6, but it wasn't until 6:30 and the movie was two and a half hours long.
Neither Boy nor I was very impressed though. As true lovers of the books, we felt this movie was long, boring, and changed in ways that really didn't make too much sense. I do think that is a criticism that I have of most movies made out of books that I love, but seriously, if a book has been a classic for the last 57 years, it obviously was doing something right, and who are we to randomly mix up the chain of events?
Still, it was pretty to look at, and I liked the music. I thought my D.L.F was nicer and "dearer" in the book, and I didn't like him acting like Grumpy from Snow White the whole movie. One change that I did like though was Susan openly having the hots for Prince Caspian (and him returning the favor) because I am a girl and I like a little romance in my war movies (I guess you were right Peter Jackson, too bad you take on Arwen sucked so hard).
Maybe I wouldn't have felt the movie was so long if Girl hadn't sat on my lap the whole time fidgeting and grabbing my ears the whole time.

No comments: