Sunday, September 7, 2008

Laundry Day

I am the only person in the house that does laundry. It's a choice really; my husband can't fold laundry for shit and I am sick of trying to show him the right way. Also, he has ruined too many of my clothes for me to allow it.
Most of the time, I don't mind. Mr. Hobbitfeet and Boy do the dishes. I almost never put my hands in the dish water. It's a pretty sweet trade off I think. Most of the time.
There are, however, four people in my house. Girl changes her outfit at least three times a day and tosses everything on the floor making it impossible to tell which are clean and which are dirty. Let's be honest, I never remember what she wore, or when and for how long she wore it. Also, I've had shingles for the past couple weeks. They were on my left shoulder, and I am left handed. If you've never had shingles, you should know that they run on a nerve line and hurt like crazy. I felt as if I had been shot in the shoulder, and everything I've read says the pain will stick around for at least another two or three weeks (if I am lucky).
What I am trying to say is, I haven't done the laundry in about 2 weeks, when I normally do it twice a week. Although Mr. H. stepped up and took over most the work while I was sick. He didn't do any laundry. Now I've been complained to, nobody has clothes, I need to pull my shit together and get it done.
Bugger.
This is when I hate laundry. When it's piled high and will take at least ten loads to make a noticeable dent and I have turned my bedroom floor into dirty clothes foothills. I

3 comments:

TxGambit said...

I do the laundry in my house. I hate when I get behind.

Cameron said...

Wife does our laundry, not because I'm lazy, but because she doesn't trust me to keep her clothes the same color. That aside, she does a pretty shitty job. All I ask is you don't leave the shit in the dryer for two days to wrinkle up. My work clothes must be hung up, so I don't look like a wrinkled slob at work. BUT NOOOOOO, that never happens. I usually end up rewashing my work clothes because she fucked em up. Damn her. :) Hey by the way.....a) I hope you're feeling better, and 2) thank you for the link love. I love reading your posts, always humorous.

Woodlandmama said...

TxGambit- It does seem to be a much more difficult task then it's billed as.Recently, I've been trying to teach my son how take care of it.

Cameron- I think you're awesome, but folding laundry isn't the same as washing, you could lend a hand. Plus there is a new fangled thing called an iron. I'm just saying.