Thursday, May 11, 2006

In Which I Got Some Sleep...

Well all my worrying was for not. I guess I can officially say I am a grown up because I got through the night without Mr. Hobbitfeet and didn't have a total wussy meltdown. It was touch and go there for awhile though, during Lost I got a bit scared and closed and locked every window and pulled all the curtains. Even that wasn't enough because of our large patio doors that don't have any covering. I actually did get scared once by the meter reader who looked in through those doors, and truth be told that is what I am the most afraid of. Looking up and seeing someone watching me through the windows/doors/etc.
I think most of it was due to a traumatic stalker experience while growing up. There were times when I was young when I would be sleeping or doing a number of things and bam! There would be someone looking in at me (though I wasn't the one being stalked). It is an odd sensation and one I am not itching to repeat. Hence the general fear of uncovered windows at night.
Also, many scary things involve looking up to find someone watching you. Think of all the scary babysitting stories you've ever heard. Then in Hush (a Buffy Episode) Olivia looks out the window and there's one of the Gentleman looking in at her.
Anyhow when the freakout got too much for me I went to my room where I could watch the rest of Lost and be hidden behind my blinds and not look out into my woods waiting for the Gentlemen to peek at me. Then at bedtime I took some Tylenol PM and slept great. The difficulty was that Mr. H. normally wakes me up. I didn't think it would be a problem because most of the time I am awake before he comes in, so I didn't set my alarm. Unfortunately, I think all the noise he makes in the morning is what wakes me, because I overslept this morning. So thanks to all of those who were worried for me and called. I made it through the night.

P.S. Did you watch Lost. I am getting to the point where I am going to hurl my damn T.V. through the window. If they find any more hatches on that stupid island. . . .Well I don't know what I'll do. I hate the show, but I need to know what's going on, so I can't stop watching it which makes me even more irritated. Here it is May, you know the season finale is coming up any day now and they still haven't addressed cliff hangers from last year's season finale. ARRRRHHH!

No comments: