Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Movie Night Part Deux

Well, just as I promised, I rented Flight of the Navigator for Boy. He loved it as much as I did when I was little. This time we did much better; he laughed at all the same things that used to make me laugh. That was so much fun. He liked both movies, but he liked FotN better than Explorers, but if you have a kid as wonderfully nerdy as mine, I highly recommend both.

By the way, there is one thing that FotN had in it's favor (at least in my kids' eyes): Paul Rubens is the voice of the ship. He's credited in the movie as Paul Mall, but listening to the ship throughout the movie (and a quick double check of IMDB) lets you know the truth. My kids love Pee Wee. As a kid, I always thought it was just a really good Pee Wee impersonation. I guess that is one of the differences that the Internet makes.

***********************************************************
1/11/07
I completely forgot one of the most important parts of this story. Girl joined us for movie night last night. What was her opinion of FotN? She thought it was the SADDEST movie EVER. Girl cried throughout this entire movie. The only time she didn't cry is when the ship scanned the kid's brain and became Pee Wee Herman to a "T". She cried every time the little boy said he wanted his family (which happens quite a bit). She cried when the brother went onto the roof (because it's naughty to be on the roof). She cried when he willing leaves his family ("I want Davey back"). She cried at the happy ending (and not happy tears).
Girl is still in the phase where she can not imagine life without her mommy or her daddy, and especially with out her big brother, so FotN will have to wait for her until she hates us a little bit more.

No comments: